EVERY Wednesday is Early Release!
ALL Grades dismissal at 1:40 pm
Announcements and Upcoming Events:
Gather 'Round: Celebrate West Side School
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Paul Mahder Gallery, Healdsburg
- Please click the image for the link to BUY TICKETS!
- Please join us for our 28th annual gala event to Celebrate West Side School and support our enrichment programs! Delicious food prepared by Healdsburg High School Culinary Program, local wine & beer, music by Second Line & Justin Schaefers, a silent auction featuring adventures & experiences for families, and a live auction led by Senator Mike McGuire. Tickets $50 advance/$60 at the door. Purchase online or call 707.696.9841.
Also, please consider Silent Auction donations (see flyer).
- Monday, 3/23 - Friday, 3/27 NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
- Healdsburg Museum Family History Essay Challenge – Due Friday March 27:
- If your student is participating, the deadline to turn in your essay is Friday March 27, 2015, 5:00 pm
- Renaissance Friday #2 is April 3
- Kinder: 9-10am; 1st, 2nd, 3rd: 10:30-11:50 am; 4th, 5th, 6th: 12:45-2:15 pm
Next Ren. Friday dates: 4/10, 4/17, 5/8, 5/15.
- Monday, 4/6 – NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, 4/9 Board meeting
- Library, 6:00 pm
- FEF is looking for 2 new members to help support our school.
- Please contact Kate at email@example.com, or join us at our next meeting.
- YEARBOOK: LINK TO YEARBOOK PAGE
Yearbook Photos (deadline 4/3) ~
- Do you have photos you’d like to submit for consideration in the 2014/15 West Side yearbook?
If you have photos of School Activities:
Classroom, Playground, Winter Program, Field Trips, Spirit Days, Plays, Art Projects, Music, Assemblies, etc., we’d like to see them, so please upload them!
- Yearbook Online Ordering (deadline 4/23) ~
- Order your yearbooks online! (Only online orders can be personalized.)
(see yearbook page for details)
- Welcome New West Side School Board Members!
- We welcome our newest board members, Edward McCutchan and Pat Bertapelle.
See the article in the Healdsburg Tribune (link)
- School Site Council Parent Members Needed
- Our school is required to have five parents on our Site Council. We need three more parents!
If you have not found a way to contribute to your school, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Contact Principal Bellmer for more information.
- Code Club every Wednesday: After School – 1:50 pm - 3:10 pm
- Fun explorations of computer programming through MIT’s Scratch format. Healthy snacks provided.
If your child is interested, please contact Joan Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-280-0222.
- Healdsburg Jazz Black History
- These two talented writers were selected from West Side to read at the Healdsburg Jazz Black History Month Program at the Raven Theater on Friday, February 27: Leilani Navarro and Claire Conard(click thumbnail for full text)
Sixth Graders challenging themselves during the Hour of Code as part of Computer Science Education Week.
Healdsburg Kiwanis brought a dictionary for each third grader today (Nov. 6).
Harvest Time at West Side
The first grade class takes care of the school chickens. This morning they scrambled up some eggs and shared in their nutritious bounty.
Kindergarteners making applesauce with parent volunteer.
West Side students served up scrambled eggs by board president, Ann Davis.
- Do not post pictures of West Side students on social media without parents’ permission
- Safety Reminder:
- Use crosswalks at all times, and Remember to SLOW DOWN and stay OFF the cell phones!
Help us support West Side enrichment programs this year by taking a few minutes to join our community effort. Many of these programs are at no cost to you and involve purchases your family is already making. Extended family and friends can also join in!
Easy Ways to Support West Side and the FEF
Please sign up for these very easy money makers for our school. Without any added cost, retailers will contribute to our school programs. Anyone is welcome to sign up. You may sign up on the official websites by clicking on their links, or go to eScrip.com, smile.amazon.com, or target.com/tcoe., or come into the office and we’ll help you get set up.
Enrichment Programs – FEF
Your generous donations fund our art, music, library, technology, garden and field trips.
Thank you for your support!
Follow the link for Online Safety Information, Activities, and Resources:
Suggestions are always welcome -- email: email@example.com